Bigfoot is currently recruiting for male & female Performer/Facilitators to deliver its Black History Month tour in primary schools in London and the Home Counties during October 2019.
We are looking for people who:
- Have an African or Caribbean heritage
- Have proven experience delivering workshops to large groups of children, ideally within primary school settings
- Have strong acting and/or storytelling skills
- Have bags of energy and enthusiasm and big personalities
- Have a good rapport with children
- Have very good availability during the month of October, last week of September and first week of November
- Have a passion for celebrating Black History and engaging young people in the topic
- Are not restricted or barred from working with children or young people
Half Day Rehearsal/Tour: £75
Full Day Rehearsal/Tour: £130
We will be holding auditions on Wednesday 22 May at The Devas Club, Clapham. Successful candidates will be required to perform a monologue from one of the existing programmes and facilitate a drama game or exercise.
In order to apply please send a CV and Headshot to Lauren Senatore on
If shortlisted you will be sent an application form to complete.The deadline for application forms will be Wednesday 15 May 2019
Bigfoot Arts Education is committed to being a safe organisation in regards to child protection and safeguarding children. Bigfoot facilitators have a common law Duty of Care towards pupils and have an obligation to safeguard and promote the welfare and well-being of all pupils, whose needs must be the first and paramount consideration. (Children Act 1989, Education Act 2002, Education and Inspections Act 2006).Bigfoot Arts Education has a rigorous selection process and the identity of all successful candidates will be checked thoroughly. Successful candidates will be offered freelance contracts which are conditional upon the candidate being in possession of a current DBS check and the taking up of references.