Bigfoot Arts Education is currently recruiting for a team of energetic actor/singer/dancers for our annual Pantomime ‘Rapunzel’. Our tour covers London and The Home Counties and take place from Monday 23rd November to Friday 18th December excluding weekends. If you are interested in becoming part of the Bigfoot family this Christmas then please email a headshot and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for people who:
- Have strong acting, singing and dancing skills.
- Are available on all rehearsal and performance dates.
- Either have or be willing to apply for an Enhanced DBS check
- Have experience in performing to large groups of children, ideally within primary school settings
- Have bags of energy, enthusiasm and big personalities – you will be performing in at least two shows per day, in different venues and there will be a fair amount of early starts – all well worth it we promise!
- Have a good rapport with children
- Love pantomime as much as we do!
Additionally we will need one actor per cast (we are recruiting for three casts of four actors) to be the team driver – to qualify as the team driver you need to be over the age of 25, have a clean driving license and have passed your test more than three years ago.
We will be holding auditions on Thursday 29th October at The Devas Club, Clapham. Candidates will be required to perform a song from the script, a short piece of show choreography a short scene with another actor.
Week one: Monday 23rd November – Saturday 28th November (10am-6pm)
Week two: Monday 30th November – Friday 4th December (10am-6pm)
Performance: Monday 7th – Friday 18th December (weekdays only)
Two week rehearsals: £450 total for the two weeks
Two week tour: £30 per show (on average two shows per day, although there will occasionally be three)
In order to apply please send a CV and Headshot to Ellen Wilson on Ellen@bigfootartseducation.co.uk
Bigfoot Arts Education is committed to being a safe organisation in regards to child protection and safeguarding children. Bigfoot facilitators have a common law Duty of Care towards pupils and have an obligation to safeguard and promote the welfare and well-being of all pupils, whose needs must be the first and paramount consideration. (Children Act 1989, Education Act 2002, Education and Inspections Act 2006) Bigfoot Arts Education has a rigorous selection process and the identity of all successful candidates will be checked thoroughly. Successful candidates will be offered freelance contracts which are conditional upon the candidate being in possession of a current DBS check and the taking up of references.