“The facilitators take the time to build up rapport with the students and make them feel comfortable. They work to the students strengths and clearly know children very well as they are able to adapt their sessions depending on the group they are working with”
Here at Bigfoot, we are extremely proud of each and every one of our drama, dance, music and art facilitators. It is our mission to have the UK’s most talented, experienced and enthusiastic educators on our books.
Working for Bigfoot
Bigfoot Facilitators are contracted on a freelance basis and the work can be regular, ad-hoc, or a mixture of both. The bookings can be sporadic at times and so working for us should always be seen as a supplement to an existing career, albeit a very enjoyable and rewarding supplement! Bookings tend to start slowly and increase over time as schools get to know and re-book you as a favourite. The variety of the work tends to be something that is very appealing – you could be running a storytelling and puppetry workshop in a Nursery class on Monday and facilitating a PSHE workshop on Gun and Knife Crime to a class of Year 11’s on Tuesday! There are opportunities for further training and to specialise in the areas that interest you the most.
We are always on the look-out for new facilitators and run recruitment sessions once per year. If you are an experienced facilitator with an excellent rapport with children and strong behaviour management skills then we would love to hear from you!
Please note that our offices will have different needs at various times of the year, therefore, contact your Local Office to find out who they are recruiting for at the current time.
As you would expect, Bigfoot has an extensive and exhaustive recruitment procedure – this is to ensure that we find the very best facilitators from around the UK and recruit them in the safest way possible. All applicants will be required to:
- Submit an application and equal opportunities form to Lauren Kennard on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend a practical Interview and Selection session which is a chance for us to see you teach and to get to know you better
- Attend our three day Induction Course
- Submit two references from former employees which will be checked by your Bigfoot office
- Shadow a Bigfoot Mentor for half a day
- Ensure that a current, enhanced DBS and £5 million worth of Public Liability Insurance are in place (we can help and advise you on both of these points)
Please click the link to fill out our online application form to work as a Bigfoot Arts Facilitator.