“The educators take the time to build up rapport with the students and make them feel comfortable. They work to the students strengths and clearly know children very well as they are able to adapt their sessions depending on the group they are working with”
Here at Bigfoot, we are extremely proud of each and every one of our drama, dance, music and art educators. It is our mission to have the UK’s most talented, experienced and enthusiastic facilitator available to schools.
Working for Bigfoot
Bigfoot Educators are contracted on a freelance basis and the work can be regular, ad-hoc, or a mixture of both. The bookings can be sporadic at times and so working for us should always be seen as a supplement to an existing career, albeit a very enjoyable and rewarding supplement! Bookings tend to start slowly and increase over time as schools get to know and re-book you as a favourite. The variety of the work tends to be something that is very appealing – you could be running a storytelling and puppetry workshop in a Nursery class on Monday and facilitating a PSHE workshop on Gun and Knife Crime to a class of Year 11’s on Tuesday! There are opportunities for further training and to specialise in the areas that interest you the most.
We are always on the look-out for new educators and run recruitment sessions once per year. If you are an experienced Educator with an excellent rapport with children and strong behaviour management skills then we would love to hear from you!
As you would expect, Bigfoot has an extensive and exhaustive recruitment procedure – this is to ensure that we find the very best Educators from around the UK and recruit them in the safest way possible. All applicants will be required to:
- Submit an application form to Lauren Kennard on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend a practical recruitment session, which is a chance for us to see you teach and get to know you better
- Attend our two day Induction Course
- Submit two references from former employers
- Ensure that a current, enhanced DBS and £5 million worth of Public Liability Insurance are in place (we can help and advise you on both of these points)
- Take our Level 3, CPD accredited online safeguarding course (or provide evidence that you have taken the equivalent course within the past 3 years)
Bigfoot currently covers the following areas:
- The Home Counties
- The North West
- Sussex and Hampshire
- South Wales
If you are based in a region which is not listed above then unfortunately we may not be able to consider you at the current time, however, we are always looking to expand so it is worth getting in touch just in case we have recently begun to branch out into your area.
How to apply
Please contact Lauren Kennard on email@example.com to request an application pack