“The facilitator was fantastic! She had a lovely way with the children; she was so enthusiastic all children were engaged! All staff who met her had only positive things to say. We would welcome her back in the future.” Leila Kelsall, Corpus Christie Primary
- Do your facilitators hold a current DBS certificate?
Yes, we accept DBS’s that are up to three years old, although we now encourage all facilitators to sign up to the DBS update service. Those facilitators who are on the update service will be checked once per year.
- Do your facilitators have public liability insurance?
Yes, all facilitators are required to hold PLI up to the value of £5 million
- Are all your facilitators trained in child protection & safeguarding children, health and safety, and equality & diversity policies and procedures?
Our Induction Course covers each of these points in detail and we ensure that our trainers and course materials are updated annually. Copies of these forms can be found HERE.
- Do you have a recruitment policy?
Yes, and you can see a copy of this HERE
- What training do your facilitators have?
All facilitators are required to attend a three day induction course which covers; Safeguarding, Health and Safety, Lesson Planning, Behaviour Management, Facilitation Technique and General Good Practice. They are also required to shadow a current facilitator as part of the initial training
- How do you select your facilitators?
Bigfoot has a rigorous selection procedure which includes completion of a thorough application form, a practical selection and interview day and the taking up of two references.
- How do you ensure quality control?
All facilitators have access to a free CPD programme which includes courses such as; ‘Advanced Behaviour Management Technique’, ‘How to work creatively with Early Years’ and ‘Advanced Facilitation Technique’, they are also assessed once per term by a member of the senior monitoring team. You can see a copy of our assessment criteria HERE.